Freshman Grant Qualifications
Qualifications to apply for a Freshman Grant:
- The Tennessee Baptist Foundation Freshman Grant is available ONLY to students who are entering college for the first time as freshmen.
- The TBF Freshman Grant is based on need and is for Tennessee Baptist young people who demonstrate significant financial need and/or extenuating family circumstances (such as very low income, a single parent family, illness or disability of primary wage earner, loss of job, or other circumstance that makes pursuing higher education difficult if not impossible without financial assistance).
- Qualified applicant must have achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 in high school and have earned a minimum of 18 on the ACT or 860 on the SAT (Only rising college freshmen are eligible for this Freshman grant).
- Qualified applicant must have been a resident of Tennessee for at least one year prior to making application.
- Qualified applicant must be a member of a Tennessee Baptist Convention church.
- Qualified applicant must be applying and enrolling as a full-time student in a basic degree program (“Full-time” is as defined by the Educational institution you plan to attend)
- To qualify for consideration for this Freshman grant, applications MUST include a copy of your FAFSA Electronic Student Aid Report (SAR)
Additionally, each applicant’s academic performance, family income and/ or extenuating circumstances, and involvement in church will be considered in the awarding of Freshman grants.
Note: Fulfilling the basic "Qualifications to Apply" for a Freshman grant does not guarantee that you will receive a grant
All applicants will be notified regarding Freshman grant awards by August 1, 2015. Please contact the Foundation office if you have not received notification regarding the status of your application by August 6, 2015.