College and Medical Scholarship Qualifications
Qualifications to Apply for a College & Medical Scholarship:
- The Tennessee Baptist Foundation Scholarship is an annual scholarship. You must apply every year to be considered for scholarship assistance. Since need is a criterion for evaluation, household income must not exceed $100,000 ($125,000 for families with two children in college; $150,000 for families with three students in college) as verified by your FAFSA Electronic Student Aid Report (required for application).
- Applicant must have completed at least 24 semester hours at the collegiate level by the fall semester of 2013 and must have achieved a grade point average of at least 2.5 (Freshmen are not eligible for this scholarship)
- Applicant must have been a resident of Tennessee for at least one year prior to making application.
- Applicant must be a member of a church cooperating with the Tennessee Baptist Convention. (If applicant is attending an out-of-state institution, he/she must be a current or former member of a Tennessee Baptist Convention church).
- Applicant must be full-time student in a basic degree program (does not include doctoral program, except those in an accredited medical or pharmacy school). “Full-time” is as defined by the educational institution.
- Applicant must be enrolled in an accredited college or university for undergraduate study, or an accredited medical, dental or pharmacy school.
Applicant must have and maintain the following cumulative GPAs:
- Sophomore 2.5
- Junior 2.7
- Senior 3.0
Applicants will be evaluated on (1) financial need as reported on applicant’s FAFSA report and/or extenuating family circumstances, (2) academic performance as reflected on official transcript of grades, and (3) involvement in church and Baptist Collegiate Ministries.
All applicants will be notified regarding College or Medical Scholarships by August 1, 2013. Please contact the Foundation office if you have not received notification regarding the status of your application by August 6, 2013
Note: Fulfilling the "Qualifications to Apply" for a scholarship does not guarantee that you will receive a scholarship.